Guideline to Abstract Submission
Thank you very much for your support!
The submission period for Abstract had ended on 13 July 2019.
Result of the selection of Abstract will be sent in Early Aug.
Abstract Submission Guideline
You are invited to submit abstracts for Oral, Poster or Motion Picture presentation. Please read the following guidelines carefully before submission:
- The abstract must be written in ENGLISH.
- The abstract should NOT exceed 250 words.
- Title should be typed in CAPITALS.
- Please provide the address of the institution where the scientific work was undertaken.
- The content of the abstract should start without an indent and should include:
- You should submit abstract in the domain of either Clinical Study or Basic Science Research.
The best oral presentation will be awarded the RCSEd China Medal
The second best oral presentation will be awarded the CSHK Award;
There will be at most one award for Basic Science Research;
The best motion picture will be awarded the Best Motion Picture Award;
The best poster will be awarded the Best Poster Award.
Form of awards RCSEd China Medal Medal & HKD2,000 cash prize CSHK Award Certificate & HKD2,000 cash prize Best Motion Picture Award Certificate & HKD1,000 cash prize Best Poster Award Certificate & HKD1,000 cash prize
- Eligibility: Presenting author of an abstract for award competition must be 40 years old or younger by 21 September 2019.
- Abstract selection will be evaluated by the following criteria:
- Experimental Design
- Scientific/ Clinical Value
- Submission of an abstract for consideration by the Scientific Committee implies that you or your colleagues have not and will not submit similar materials to a journal before its presentation at the Congress and appearance in a supplement of the College journal "Surgical Practice". An abstract which is already published as a full manuscript will be rejected.
- Please submit the abstract via online submission system.
- Accepted abstracts will be presented at the RCSEd/CSHK Conjoint Scientific Congress 2019 on 21-22 September 2019.
- Local or Mainland Centre participants with accepted abstracts can enjoy HKD$200 registration fee at the RCSEd/CSHK Conjoint Scientific Congress 2019 if they register after the early bird registration.
Motion Picture Submission Guideline
- For motion picture submission, please submit
- Abstract describing the motion picture adhering to the above guideline; AND
- Motion Picture (by providing the link of the video)
- The duration of the video should NOT exceed 8 minutes.
- English narrations should be included
- If any music is used in the video, both the composer and the artist performing the piece should be cited.
- After submission, NO change will be allowed in the video.